Re: [opensuse-factory] Contrib: Progress
  • From: "Alexey Eremenko" <al4321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 15:25:25 +0300
Good news:
Now we have a Reviewer's (board/committee).

We now have 3 reviewers in team: (!)
-me (Alexey Eromenko "Technologov")
-Michal Marek (mmarek)
-Pascal Bleser (yaloki)

This is the fair minimum required to vote on decisions.

Next stage:
Let's start reviewing packages.

Additionally, if we can't review the package quickly (in 1
conversation), we will make a wiki page in contrib, with proper
intermediate review results for a specific package. Maybe we need also
a wiki page for final review results. What do you think ?

Example package review:
"iperf" - IP Performance benchmark

Iperf is a tool to measure maximum TCP bandwidth, allowing the tuning of
various parameters and UDP characteristics. Iperf reports bandwidth, delay
jitter, datagram loss.

This package is in OBS.
Current maintainer: James Oakley (James also interested in
contributing to "contrib" repo, so he may become a package maintainer)
Alternative maintainer: me (Alexey Eromenko "Technologov") (if James
don't wan't or can't support his child package)

URL 2 : http://sourceforge.net/projects/iperf
License: custom OSS-compatible, BSD-like
(http://dast.nlanr.net/Projects/Iperf/ui_license.html)
Latest update: v2.0.4 Apr 2008 (which means, that package is maintained)

OBS URL:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/jimfunk/openSUSE_11.0/src/
Testing: Package received some testing from me. Everything tested
found to work. No crashes.