Re: [opensuse-factory] Dropping lilo support from YaST
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2008 18:34:19 +0200
Stanislav Visnovsky wrote:

As some of you've noticed, the bootloader configuration in openSUSE
was not in best shape for a couple of releases. Therefore, we plan to
drop the support for lilo bootloader from YaST (and thus installation)
and leave grub as the only supported bootloader on i386 and x86_64 in
openSUSE 11.1.

Stanislav, I took this posting to be a sort of RFC, not just an
announcement that support for lilo has been dropped. How should it
really be understood?

/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich