Re: [opensuse-factory] packman repository and zypper mirror "system"
  • From: Bernhard Walle <bwalle@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 20:38:51 +0200
* Peter Poeml <poeml@xxxxxxx> [2008-06-17 20:33]:

You misunderstood something it seems -- the download infrastructure (and
mirror handling framework) I referred to has nothing to do with the OBS
(openSUSE build service).

Right. Sorry. I just can't hear the "why don't packman use OBS" any
more. :)

We don't use the redirector (I think that is what you mean basically
with "mirror handling famework") because we don't have the
infrastructure. One machine (that also hosts the web site) as
single point of failure is not a very good solution, IMO.

Bernhard