Re: [opensuse-factory] Firefox v3.0 - June 17th - Will it be in v11.0 on release?
  • From: Thruth <gubotruth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 16:05:01 +0800
Obviously, web browsers are the MOST frequently used apps these days.
Should always be given a higher, if not the highest priority, in
arranging updates. We just need a system that can surf.

And about Opera 9.5 Final:
It was released two days ago, but the package in factory-non-oss is still 9.23.

Since Adobe removed some non-gtk APIs in flash player >9.0.105, Flash
Player distributed with 11.0 does not work with Opera 9.2x but 9.5,
which for sure disappoints many Opera users.

This may sound a kind of pushy, but users do need Firefox 3 Final and
Opera 9.5 Final ready in the update repo ASAP.

Regards,
Thruth

On 6/14/08, Gabriel <gabriel@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 12:32:32 -0400, "Larry Stotler"
<larrystotler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> True, but that again doesn't answer anything. Like how much work it
> will take to verify that it's ready for 11.0. Since I don't have any
> idea what kind of testing is required, I have no idea what the time
> frame is. Basically, would it be a big deal to install it off the
> Mozilla site, or should I wait for the "official" pacakge? Granted,
> RC1 works fine, so it probably wouldn't be a big deal anyway.

I'm using RC2 from mozilla site, and have no problem.
It's a simple .tgz, unpack it and run.

--
Kind regards