[opensuse-factory] optimal "submit to Factory" work-flow?
  • From: Stanislav Brabec <sbrabec@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 17:02:21 +0200
Hallo.

I am thinking about the best work-flow of submitting to Factory via OBS.

Suppose that I am a maintainer of a package (say hugin)
Suppose that this package is now part of the multimedia:graphics project.

We would need:

1) "Dynamic life" of the package in multimedia:graphics. Easy to change,
easy to develop, easy to test, by community and for community.
2) Trusted submits to Factory.
3) Later probably security submits before CRD

I can imagine several work-flows, but I am unsure, which one would be
the best one:

1. The "Factory master" resides in my home project. Anybody (from m:g
maintainers) changing it in multimedia:graphics will submit it to my
home and I will review and submit to Factory.
+ Looks clean
- Just one intermediate level

2. The "Factory master" resides in multimedia:graphics and only I am
allowed to change it there.
+ Simple
- "Dynamic life" criteria not met. Anybody improving it has to branch it
and then submit.

3. The "Factory master" resides in multimedia:graphics and anybody
(from m:g maintainers) is allowed to change it there.
+ Simple
+ "Dynamic life" criteria met.
- Package cannot be trusted.
- Creates a need of two different submit notification:
* package was changed, don't forget to review and submit to Factory
* got submit request, accept and submit to Factory

4. Any other work-flow idea?

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem,

Stanislav Brabec