Re: [opensuse-factory]problem with ath5k driver?
  • From: Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 16:45:28 -0700
On Mon, Jun 09, 2008 at 07:34:08PM -0400, Larry Stotler wrote:
On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 7:28 PM, Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxx> wrote:
They have added support for all cards that they currently know how to
control. The blame really has to go back to the manufacturer, they are
the ones not supporting Linux here, we are trying to play catchup...

The madwifi driver supports the older cards. Not being a programmer,
I have no idea how hard it is to do all this.

It's legally impossible to redistribute that, as it is a closed source
module :(

Go poke Atheros, not much we can do here...

thanks,

greg k-h