[opensuse-factory]problem with ath5k driver?
  • From: "Larry Stotler" <larrystotler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 19:27:46 -0400
I have been trying to copy a file from my PowerBook to my Thinkpad
over the network. The Thinkpad has a Netgear wireless card that uses
the ath5k driver and the Powerbook uses a DLink card that uses the
madwifi driver(the chipset isn't supported by ath5k). Well, after a
lot of frustration and thinking it was the Powerbook, it turned out to
be the Thinkpad(at which point my son decided to rub it in my nose
because the Powerbook is his).

Anyway, the problem had to do with the MAC address being lost. When I
did a dmesg, I got the following:

recvmsg bug: copied E638B28A seq E638B832
KERNEL: assertion (flags & MSG_PEEK) failed at net/ipv4/tcp.c (1354)

Over and over again. Any idea if this is a Kernel problem or a module
problem? And which way I should report it?

Thanx