Re: [opensuse-factory] Vista again (bug#396444)
  • From: Oddball <monkey9@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2008 21:59:04 +0200
Alberto Passalacqua schreef:
Everybody that tried to use it, knows that it can't be dual booted unless one installs the proper bootloader.

It's simply false. OpenSUSE 10.3 can be properly installed on a system
with an existing installation of Vista, without any kind of manual
intervention.

I should have been more clear here: All the people i know who tried vista, were astonished by fact that it was released before it was finished, and tried to install XP next to it, to wait for the service-pack that should fix the very many problems.
They all experienced, that it was impossible without the proper bootloader.
My son, a game programmer, had to switch to XP also, because the apps he uses, were, and still are not ported to Vista.
We experienced the same, and also that in the beginning there were no drivers for the new Toshiba. After about ten days there were so many complaints, that allmost all drivers were made ready for XP, now all works on XP.
So this is not my opinion, but solid facts, experienced by very many people.
The other statements of yours are opinions.
Indeed, they are.
And i stand behind them.
You tell me, what is gained by fear? Frustration.
What is gained by frustration? Loss of productivity, and conviction.
What is fear? Fear is the absence of Love.
Name me one decission, you took in fear, that was the right one?

What i mean to say is that you don't know what is going to happen, if.
So yours, and other statements about reactions of people who do not exist, or who you don't know, that would lead to 'faceloss' of openSuSE, are also opinions.

It is a fact, that Vista is not what the world expected, and it is not finished.
To expect something, is usualy dissapointing btw.

Regards,
A.

--

Enjoy your time around,

Oddball (Now or never...)

Besturingssysteem: Linux 2.6.25.4-8-default x86_64
Current user: oddball@AMD64x2-sfn1
System: openSUSE 11.0 (x86_64)
KDE: 4.0.4 (KDE 4.0.4 >= 20080505) "release 21.1"