Re: [opensuse-factory] Dualboot 11.0 and vista anyone?
  • From: Oddball <monkey9@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 10:52:24 +0200
Jiri Srain schreef:
Dne Wednesday 04 of June 2008 20:59:44 Boyd Lynn Gerber napsal(a):
On Wed, 4 Jun 2008, Stephan Kulow wrote:
Both me and the reporter of bug 396444 have a broken vista
boot after RC1 instalation (I ignored the problem as I did
not boot vista since quite some time, so it could just as well
be broken with alpha0).

So I wonder if other's vista is still functional? Unless I
know what's causing this, this bug is one of those that will
delay 11.0, so please help me.
My system has a broken vista as well. I am sure that it is RC related as
this system has not been used for any beta testing till the RC. So yes
something in RC1 broke the system.

Looking at success/failure stories, there must be some difference in the way bootloader was installed.

Would it be possible to provide the installation logs and created bootloader configuration files for at least one success and at least one failure story? I suspect different way of bootloader installation to result in different result of booting Vista, especially related to changes done into MBR.

Cannot test myself, don't have a Vista.

Jiri

Vista is very picky.
Even install XP won't find vista again afterwards...
Here you definately need a vista-friendly-bootloader to get both selectable.
Felix's story is correct only in case vista, every other version boots fine with suse.
( i only hope you will not change things that break all that's working OK now...;)

--

Enjoy your time around,

Oddball (Now or never...)

Besturingssysteem: Linux 2.6.25.4-8-default x86_64
Current user: oddball@AMD64x2-sfn1
System: openSUSE 11.0 (x86_64)
KDE: 4.0.4 (KDE 4.0.4 >= 20080505) "release 21.1"