[opensuse-factory] Acer Wifi button problem
  • From: "Thiago Vinhas" <thiago@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 09:17:36 -0300
Hi guys,

I'm using openSUSE 11 RC1 since yesterday, and among a few glitches,
everything works perfectly. The only real problem I have is that I
just can't make my wireless work, because the button that activates
the Intel Wireless device just doesn't work. It was working on 10.3.

My notebook is an Acer Aspire 5920, the wireless is identified by lspci as:

06:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 3945ABG
Network Connection (rev 02)

When I click on the wireless button, I get the following error
captured by dmesg:

atkbd.c: Unknown key pressed (translated set 2, code 0xd6 on isa0060/serio0).
atkbd.c: Use 'setkeycodes e056 <keycode>' to make it known.
atkbd.c: Unknown key released (translated set 2, code 0xd6 on isa0060/serio0).
atkbd.c: Use 'setkeycodes e056 <keycode>' to make it known.

I have the module acerhk loaded, and also acer_wmi.

--
Abs,
Thiago Vinhas