Re: [opensuse-factory] AIGLX
  • From: CyberOrg <cyberorg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 23:47:21 +0530
On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 10:26 PM, Gabriel <gabriel@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I was reading the releases notes for 11.0, and noticed that AIGXL will be
enabled by default.
I was asking myself if there is some way of disable it other than editing
the .conf file by hand.
I'm asking because I'm not interested in having enabled Xgl neither AIGLX.

AIGLX enabled does not mean you have compositing enabled, unlike Xgl,
keeping AIGLX enabled/disabled does not make any difference.

You seem to be confusing compiz/kwin composite with Xgl/AIGLX. To
enable/disable Desktop Effects is quite easy, there is a nice
application with a checkbox for that, it is disabled by default.

Cheers

-J