Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: opensuse discontinuing rpmbuild ??
  • From: Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 22:19:07 +0200
On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 04:06:13AM -0700, Linda Walsh wrote:

The concept of 'build' is broken for local user builds --
I *agree* with it for release methodology (though it may be overkill
and inefficient), but the idea of using build is fundamentally flawed.

If this is just diskspace and you need to build in-system, please see
it as your challenge as a developer to adjust the .spec file to match
your system when using rpmbuild.

We will happily accept (useful) patches to our .spec files via Bugzilla.

Ciao, Marcus