Re: [opensuse-factory] dhclient works but not yast
  • From: Christian Boltz <opensuse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 23:34:01 +0200
Hello,

on Dienstag, 27. Mai 2008, Putrycz, Erik wrote:
Of course it's running when calling it with such simple parameters

I ran it in command line to have additional debugging information.

Don't worry, I made the same "mistake". (But when an unsupported
parameter is the problem, simply calling the debugging mode without all
the parameters usually used is pointless ;-)

Please:
- reboot (to have a clean start)
- run ps aux | grep dhcpcd
- post the output of the above command

I ran all of this. And after a clean reboot, dhcpcd *is* running, it
is even logging in /var/log/messages and sending packets but *not*
getting an address where dhclient is.

Then you must have hit a different bug.

Please search bugzilla if it is a known bug, and open a bugreport if you
don't find a report about it.

Anyway, dhclient is supported in the scripts so I can survive with it.

That's only a workaround ;-)

Is there any advantage to dhcpcd?

Sorry, I don't know. (Can someone answer this?)

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
Registrierter Linux-Nutzer #239431