Re: [opensuse-factory] opensuse discontinuing rpmbuild ??
  • From: Cristian Rodríguez <crrodriguez@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 21:29:37 -0400
Linda Walsh escribió:
Is it true that openSuSE has discontinued support for rebuilding
rpms for their systems with 'rpmbuild'?

When did that change go through? That seems like a major break from
previous compatibility...?

Since the introduction of the openSUSE buildservice we recommend people to use osc build (that uses build.rpm)

rpmbuild is still available but it is not recommended.

--
"Progress is possible only if we train ourselves to think about programs
without thinking of them as pieces of executable code.” - Edsger W. Dijkstra

Cristian Rodríguez R.
Platform/OpenSUSE - Core Services
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Research & Development