Re: [opensuse-factory] UPdating factory [Was: libzypp.so.418()(64bit)missing..]
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 14:09:31 +0200
If your network is very fast, your chances of getting caught diminish. My
minimal download time is 4 hours, at maximun speed and with no problems,
and not considering the install time of each packages; so in fact it gets
closer to 6..8 hours. Yesterday I was at it more than 12 hours and failed.

I have a 4mbit connection to the network and downloading factory takes
reasonable a few hours...

I simply can not upgrade during the week, I have to wait till saturday or
more.

I don't know what could be done, but as it is, I simply can't update.

well: I'm not sure actually if it's a good idea for everybody to stay with the
whole stack at Factory at any time. In your case, why not pick some
alpha/beta/rc snapshots and use those, and only update packages of particular
interest for you from Factory? Maybe something you reported a bug during a beta
and want to see if those got fixed?

Dominique