Re: [opensuse-factory] UPdating factory [Was: libzypp.so.418()(64bit) missing.. ]
  • From: Volker Kuhlmann <list0570@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 23:29:42 +1200
On Tue 13 May 2008 22:48:11 NZST +1200, Carlos E. R. wrote:

I can't keep up... I wonder how you guys manage to keep factory updated. My
ADSL can't cope.

I would need a frozen factory tree, only updated once per day at a fixed
hour.

I would favour known factory sync times too, as I am close to the same
problem. Daily syncs still seem to often to me, by the time the mirrors
have caught up and one gets a chance to play there's a large risk of
getting the carpet pulled from under ones' feet. Knowing the sync times
in advance would allow to schedule dup's accordingly.

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann is list0570 with the domain in header
http://volker.dnsalias.net/ Please do not CC list postings to me.