Re: [opensuse-factory] UPdating factory [Was: missing.. ]
  • From: Volker Kuhlmann <list0570@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 23:29:42 +1200
On Tue 13 May 2008 22:48:11 NZST +1200, Carlos E. R. wrote:

I can't keep up... I wonder how you guys manage to keep factory updated. My
ADSL can't cope.

I would need a frozen factory tree, only updated once per day at a fixed

I would favour known factory sync times too, as I am close to the same
problem. Daily syncs still seem to often to me, by the time the mirrors
have caught up and one gets a chance to play there's a large risk of
getting the carpet pulled from under ones' feet. Knowing the sync times
in advance would allow to schedule dup's accordingly.

Volker Kuhlmann is list0570 with the domain in header Please do not CC list postings to me.