Re: [opensuse-factory] [status report] openSUSE distribution, week 16
  • From: "Roberto Mannai" <robermann@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 17:50:53 +0200
Well, I should think that a blog post title and its link could be
different from a news title; (just thinking about a casual ubuntu user
who read this official news :) )

Ok ok, I'll stop the italian humour...

Ciao
Roberto

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 5:31 PM, Francis Giannaros <francis@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 17/04/2008, Ken Schneider <suse-list3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Roberto Mannai pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
>
> > From http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/3385: "an
> improvement from 43
> > to 26 minutes": I think it should be better to correct the text of the
> > news: 743%??? Are you advertising? :)
> >

> The actual percentage should be 46% _not_ 743% unless some new math has
> come into play that we are not aware of. A 50% improvement would have had
an
> install time of 21.5 minutes which was not achieved.

I think a recalibration of everyone's humour detector is in order here :-)

Still, for those there is still a disclaimer in the blog post:
"and yes, the title of this blog was fixed before I did the actual testing."

Kind thoughts,
--
Francis Giannaros http://francis.giannaros.org