Re: [opensuse-factory] [status report] openSUSE distribution, week 16
  • From: "Francis Giannaros" <francis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 16:31:26 +0100
On 17/04/2008, Ken Schneider <suse-list3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Roberto Mannai pecked at the keyboard and wrote:

From http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/3385: "an
improvement from 43
to 26 minutes": I think it should be better to correct the text of the
news: 743%??? Are you advertising? :)

The actual percentage should be 46% _not_ 743% unless some new math has
come into play that we are not aware of. A 50% improvement would have had an
install time of 21.5 minutes which was not achieved.

I think a recalibration of everyone's humour detector is in order here :-)

Still, for those there is still a disclaimer in the blog post:
"and yes, the title of this blog was fixed before I did the actual testing."

Kind thoughts,
--
Francis Giannaros http://francis.giannaros.org