Re: [opensuse-factory] /usr/bin/firefox: line 123: 12812 Segmentation fault $MOZ_PROGRAM "$@"
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 13:26:12 -0400
On 2008/04/11 06:35 (GMT-0400) Felix Miata apparently typed:

Subject line happens on each attempt to start Factory's Firefox.

I use only KDE. I have installed:
MozillaFirefox-2.9.95-4
mozilla-nspr-4.7.1-8
mozilla-nss-3.12.0-8
mozilla-xulrunner190-1.8.99.5-4
mozilla-xulrunner190-gnomevfs-1.8.99.5-4
mozilla-xulrunner190-lang-1.8.99.5-4

Anyone know how I can make Factory's Firefox work?

Mozilla.org's Firefox 2.0.0.13 & 3 trunk work fine.

I managed to handle this by mv .mozilla .mozilla1, creating a new profile for
SUSE's FF3 by using a
Mozilla.org trunk nightly, adding back the other contents from .mozilla1 to
.mozilla, updating
.mozilla/firefox/firefox.ini to include the other profiles, then starting the
SUSE FF3 with -P
profilename. If I try to start SUSE FF3 from the KDE menu, which doesn't
include the -P profilename,
or without -P from Konsole, then it doesn't start, so I do it from Konsole with
-P rather than menu
futzing. I have 8 systems with Factory on, and as a consequence try to avoid
deviations from normal
configurations that aren't necessary for bug triage and/or discovery.
--
"Either the constitution controls the judges, or the
judges rewrite the constitution." Judge Robert Bork

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/