Re: [opensuse-factory] Reply to:
  • From: peter nikolic <p.nikolic1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 08:21:17 +0100
On Wednesday 09 April 2008, Francis Giannaros wrote:
On 09/04/2008, Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
As a Linux user, I invite you to use one of the proper implementations
of a W3C-compliant Mail User Agent. I like KMail. Thunderbird is OK,
too, though not personally to my taste.

That is not a practical solution for people who move around a lot,
don't use a single laptop, and would rather have all their mail and
mail settings in one place. That's the reason I use GMail.

It's also not just GMail doing this -- do any other of the major web
mail providers follow this? Personally I think it's crazy to have a
setting benefiting all users who can actually easily configure the
behaviour (i.e. using clients like KMail, Thunderbird) to behave
differently, those who would never have to put up with a constant
hassle (like we do), but I'm not exactly keen on pushing this going on
the previous discussions.

Kind thoughts,

If you will insist on using a web based mailer what can you expect but wondows
type behaviour of do it my way or not at all .. Web mail is great for
filtering out the bulk spam for you ie yahoo ect but as for a usable mail
system forget it .

Kmail works very well , Thunderbird works not my cup of tea thou .

What you have to remember is this is a Linux mailing list the vast majority of
us are using Linux systems to read/send mail we are NOT about to start
conforming to some other failed standard just because you can sit back and
look then think and work a way of making your chosen FAULTY mailer of choice
conform ..

Pete .

--
SuSE Linux 10.3-Alpha3. (Linux is like a wigwam - no Gates, no Windows, and an
Apache inside.)