Re: [opensuse-factory] 00000000000000000000
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2008 16:29:14 -0400
On 2008/04/06 20:38 (GMT+0100) Sid Boyce apparently typed:

Felix Miata wrote:

On 2008/04/05 21:14 (GMT+0100) Sid Boyce apparently typed:

I saw the problem reported in LKML some weeks ago, but no related kernel
patches so far. I also have the same problem on a number of boxes. I
messed with kbdrate, but that didn't alleviate the problem.

Any recollection how many weeks? I've not had any luck so far searching for
discussion in the lkml archive. Too many addresses and trap screens full of
00000000 strings.

Very occasionally happens on my laptops and quite often on the desktop
boxes.
24-31 March, 15 posts, no resoltion or further posts.
===========
http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0803.3/index.html

OK, thanks. I found that thread on http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/3/29/96 where it's
rather longer, but no more help. It doesn't indicate if particular keys are
involved, or if it's only zeros, which is all I see. Do any other
keys happen for you? What CPUs, CPU speeds, & chipsets do you see it with, and
what kernel were you using when if first happened?
--
"Either the constitution controls the judges, or the
judges rewrite the constitution." Judge Robert Bork

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/