Re: [opensuse-factory] XGL settings in yast
  • From: Stanislav Visnovsky <visnov@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 21:18:37 -0600
Dňa Monday 17 March 2008 08:35:00 Matthias Hopf ste napísal:
On Mar 17, 08 12:03:46 +0100, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
We have now patched gnome-xgl-settings to not contain any configuration
at all (it just calls ccsm for all config), so it is now just a simple
frontend to gnome-xgl-switch.

O-key. Does it still test the graphics card against the database, i.e.
does it verify whether Xgl / AIGLX will be able to run on this card at
all?

I've been asking and it seems compiz users in KDE use the same ugly
gnome-xgl-settings, so we've been discussing (in #opensuse-factory and
-gnome) about having this functionality (calling, or doing what,
gnome-xgl-switch does) in YAST. The alternatives being, a) keep
gnome-xgl-settings, and b) have a per-desktop solution. For b), in GNOME
we would add a 'Desktop effects' tab to the appearance capplet, like
Ubuntu does

This is no in our realm, if the KDE and Gnome guys agree on having this
in Yast, this would be awesome. OTOH we should be aware that with Yast
we do explicitly NOT mean sax2.

Hmmm, but the only tool that configures X is SaX2. What would you propose?

Stano