Re: [opensuse-factory] Feature request: open-vm-tools as part of the release
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 15:32:56 +0100
On 3/18/2008 at 16:11, Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Am Dienstag 18 März 2008 schrieb Pavol Rusnak:
Stephan Kulow wrote:
a) package supplements PCI ID of VMware hardware, but this
solution is
not clean and requires increased maintenance

This is what our policy is.

Ah, I see. I will try to find a way using supplements then. And
what
about inclusion in 11.0? I know it's past alpha3, but I haven't
found
this mailing-list request not until Friday.
There is no freeze on new factory packages.

From http://en.opensuse.org/Roadmap/11.0 I would say the deadline to
bring new packages into 11.0 cycle would be on April 7 (Feature freeze
of base system) or Apr 17 (Milestone: Feature and version freeze for the
complete distribution), depending on where the border between base
system and the rest is (I would assume open-vm-tools containing kernel
modules and being targeted to be i the CD should be counted as base
system).

Dominique