Re: [opensuse-factory] Feature request: open-vm-tools as part of the release
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 14:46:31 +0100
On 3/18/2008 at 15:36, Sunny <sloncho@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 8:19 AM, Pavol Rusnak <prusnak@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Stephan: I just submitted open-vm-tools to STABLE. According to
reception on this (and other lists), it would be good idea to push this
package into distribution. Dominique also suggested that it should be
installed (with correct kernel module) automagically when YaST detects
VMware host.

This is great news. Now, if SaX can be "trained" to add the additional
ModeLines, which vmware-config-tools.pl puts in xorg.conf to support
the auto-resize feature, it will be perfect.

Sunnyu,

the correct video driver is automatically added already by SaX and the video
mode lines actually are not needed. As far as I could see, it was ctually
enough to activate 'Auto Size' in the VMWare Options and my guest was resizing
the screen whenever I resize the VMWare Windows.

Dominique