Re: [opensuse-factory] Getting Rid of 2nd Stage Installation
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 13:23:49 +0100
Am Montag 10 März 2008 schrieb Felix-Nicolai Müller:
In my eyes, this is a typical example of taking away the control from
the user and copying Ubuntu. openSUSE has got a userbase because it is
openSUSE where people have a choice. If this userbase wanted something
else, they would probably use a different distro that makes it even
simpler than it is not on factory.

No, we do not take way the control, we only moving the "I don't want the
default printer config" step behind the end of installation. And while
I agree, that openSUSE's current users may be perfectly fine with the
installation workflow of their currently installed system, because they
fortunately do not have to go through it again.

But we want new users. Users that may so far have rejected using openSUSE
because they failed to install it.

Greetings, Stephan