Re: [opensuse-factory] Just one question about plane to release openSUSE 11.0 with KDE 4.1
  • From: Volker Kuhlmann <list0570@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2008 00:35:42 +1300
On Fri 07 Mar 2008 23:21:36 NZDT +1300, Martin Schlander wrote:

assumed that most users will want KDE4.x. Despite it's obvious and well-known
shortcomings, KDE4.0 also has a lot of nice things. The devs are working hard
to make it as usable as possible. You can help with feedback

Lose the black background from the panel and everywhere else. The
panel's difficult to read (contrast too high). Having semi-transparent
black windows with a bit of thinly readable white text on top of black
background with some barely visible white white of whatever just about
tops it in unusability. Neither MS nor Apple ship something like that,
and for good reason.

Panel items can't be moved (KDE 3: right click, select move from popup).
No konsole on the panel and no obvious way to put it there.
I can't make up my mind about the new application launcher.

The icon scheme looks fresh and easily recognisable.

plasma of all users crashes when pulling the USB stick out.

USB sticks are mounted with the user that has an active desktop session,
making the switch-user function actually usable with portable devices
:)))

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann is list0570 with the domain in header
http://volker.dnsalias.net/ Please do not CC list postings to me.