Re: [opensuse-factory] 11.0 default filesystems again
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 13:41:46 +1100
Sid Boyce wrote:
Basil Chupin wrote:
Sid Boyce wrote:
[pruned]

That's the way it's done, bringing up systems, patch and hardware maintenance, hardware/software installation and configuration.
A mobile guy needs a laptop when he's supporting systems everywhere, travelling by car and by plane, a tech support guy needs a heck of a lot of manuals, patches and bulletins on his laptop for quick and easy access when away from the office. Many a time I have NFS mounted my laptop on a Solaris partition and transferred patches across.

[pruned]

OK, thanks, now I understand how it all works.

Ciao.

--
I was very heavily into pornography. Then my pornograph broke.