Re: [opensuse-factory] Releasing openSUSE Alphas with debuginfo/symbols installed by default
  • From: Eberhard Moenkeberg <emoenke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 00:05:35 +0100 (CET)
Hi,

On 2008-02-13 23:42:45 +0100, Eberhard Moenkeberg wrote:
On Wed, 13 Feb 2008, Stephan Kulow wrote:
Am Mittwoch, 13. Februar 2008 schrieb Eberhard Moenkeberg:

F.e. you could internally prepare debuginfo packages in every phase, but
publish them only before final. With reach of final, debuginfo packages
could get delivered individually - only to those bugzilla reporters
where
necessary.

We do publish them, but only in the factory tree. But if there is a
problem
with e.g. firefox in alpha2 you switch firefox and firefox-debuginfo to
their
factory versions and reproduce the bug. No big problem.

So it also should be no big problem for you to leave the debuginfo
packages from final.

of course it is a big problem. as factory can always introduce
incompatible libraries. wouldnt be too helpful to fix bugs on the
released product. and i doubt users would just upgrade to factory for
reproducing a bug. or would you upgrade ftp.gwdg.de just because you
found a bug on the system?

You could deliver the (relevant, not all) debuginfo packages only
individually to bugzilla reporters after final, if and as necessary.

My interest is that of a mirror admin only, but I am sure if you would let
your marketing/statistics experts decide, they would do it "my way".

Viele Grüße
Eberhard Mönkeberg (emoenke@xxxxxxx, em@xxxxxxx)
< Previous Next >