Re: [opensuse-factory] Alpha 2 won't install on PPC (iMAC)
  • From: "Richard (MQ)" <osl2008@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 13:40:48 +0000
Steffen Winterfeldt wrote:
Lukas Ocilka wrote:
Richard (MQ) napsal(a):
Doing a network install on iMAC G5 (PPC), after setting up network and
FTP data, screen shows "Loading Installation System". Once loaded and
booted, hundreds of lines of errors similar to:

"/usr/lib/YaST2/startup/common/logging.sh: cut: command not found" and
"/sbin/inst_setup: line 270: awk: command not found"

Install aborts at this point.

You have to boot from an alpha2 CD. Older (e.g., alpha1, boot media will not
work).

Ah, that will be why - I didn't expect that to be the problem. Will try
again with an alpha2 CD when I get the chance (probably not until tomorrow).

Is there any way of flagging / detecting this sort of change in advance?
--
Cheers
Richard.