Re: [opensuse-factory] RFC: Green or Gray?
  • From: "Stefan Kunze" <skunze@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 09:47:55 +0000

Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxxxxx> 02/06/08 3:16 PM >>>
Hi!

Factory users of KDE will have noticed: yast is green now.

I meant this theming only for installation (it was derived
from "Pimp up my installer" mockup) and I still think it's
not the best of ideas to have theming everywhere.

So I see pros of theming:
- people connect yast and installer (when using KDE)
- it gives yast an extraordinary look

and cons:
- it's slightly (on nv driver even dramatically) slower
- it does not adapt to the desktop's style and won't ever
- it gives yast an extraordinary look

Do you see more on either side?

Greetings, Stephan

I definitely like the new green Theme. It sets YaST apart from the rest of the
system. And it is pleasant to the eyes.
But when i think about it. has anyone thought about it how it will look for
people with red / green colorblindness. It
should not get unreadable in that case.