Re: [opensuse-factory] beagle
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 18:20:15 -0500

* Joe Sloan <joe@xxxxxxxxxx> [01-17-08 18:01]:
It could well be that you are not nearly as demanding of your computer
as other are. For some of us, having the computer go comatose for a few
hundred milliseconds is absolutely unacceptable, while you might not
even notice.

Those who do multimedia or gaming, especially, are the type who will
most likely find beagle an unacceptable drag on performance and remove it.

Those who use the computer only for less demanding tasks, such as
reading email, browsing the web or writing the occasional document, may
not see any problem with beagle and wonder what all the fuss is about.

Might be, and I *am* less demanding. The most I do is process > 60K
10MB raw images for web display while serving my own email and web
site and listening to web-fm radio. Oh, and administering remotely 2
openSUSE boxes and 8 windoz machines.

But I do not game `:^)

- --