Re: [opensuse-factory] USB problem still
  • From: Oliver Neukum <oneukum@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 09:37:54 +0100
Am Donnerstag, 3. Januar 2008 01:02:07 schrieb Donn Washburn:
Hey Group;

I have SuSE103 GM and it is upgraded. I have a USB camera that is found
every time by the USB system. However, it is not seen as a device /sdd1
if not plugged in while it boots. If it is plugged in during a boot up
it is seen. So, "mount /dev/sdd1 /media/camera" works. This happens in
runlevel 3 with NO xdm, kdm, gdm, gnome or kde3 started.

I would guess it is the lack of a udev / sysfs monitoring daemon.
Anyone have a clue to look at. dmesg shows a time stabilizing message
from usb-storage

What does /proc/partitions say? Lsmod? Can you run udevmonitor?

Regards
Oliver