Re: [opensuse-factory] Splitting manpages out of package is *fundamentally* wrong
  • From: Krzysztof Kotlenga <piernik@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 11:59:16 +0100
"Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Removing manpages is a broken concept: They are needed to actually
use the programs. Additional documentation may well be moved into
another package, but not manpages. That's similar to removing the
--help part from the binaries to make them smaller.

I can understand that, as I am heavy user of man pages, but there was
a pressure to make distro smaller.

Splitting man pages to separate package is even worse than -lang
packages required by base package. No pros.

--
Krzysztof Kotlenga <piernik$gmail,com>