Re: [opensuse-factory] [status report] openSUSE distribution, week 50
  • From: "M9." <monkey9@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 16:18:49 +0100

Richard Creighton schreef:
In my own case, I've been fighting
bigger tigers including RC4 kernel which wiped out a functioning RC3
kernel and eliminated networking so I've had several
reinstalls....before I figured that out... That updater bug takes on an
even higher priority during kernel testing :)

Greetings, Stephan

Your old nemisis
Richard

Yes it is definetively something wrong with networking:

1)Amarok complains:

QObject::connect: Incompatible sender/receiver arguments
and dies...
I reinstalled the previous version, so it is not amarok.

2)My mails won't leave the desk, keep getting server errors, have to
send 3-4 times before mail has been sent.

3)When downloading or down- or upgrading, server timeouts the whole
time, have to retry every pkg.

4)Tried mercury yesterday:

libxcb: WARNING! Program tries to unlock a connection without having
acquired
a lock first, which indicates a programming error.
There will be no further warnings about this issue.
libxcb: WARNING! Program tries to lock an already locked connection,
which indicates a programming error.
There will be no further warnings about this issue.
monkey9@tribal-sfn2:~>

i thought it was a Java error...

- --

Have a nice day,

M9. Now, is the only time that exists.

OS: Linux 2.6.24-rc4-git1-2-default x86_64
Huidige gebruiker: monkey9@tribal-sfn2
Systeem: openSUSE 11.0 (x86_64) Alpha0
KDE: 3.5.8 "release 22"