Re: [opensuse-factory] [status report] openSUSE distribution, week 50
  • From: Richard Creighton <ricreig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 09:18:32 -0500
Stephan Kulow wrote:
Hi!

We still have some 10.3 issues at hand I have little time for, so they
are pending - but I hope I'll finish them before my christmas vacation:

* release fixed live CD
* release repair mini ISO
for both I have not really a good idea how to push them though

The repair mini iso is ... or should be a very high priority... glad to
see it in the queue
There are also some 11.0 issues going on:

* Alpha0 was released with quite some changes against 10.3
* Installation has seen some rework (and alpha0 some bugs due to it)

Yes, and I think that is a partial answer to one of your parting notes
below...

* zypper got sat-solver integration that is still work in progress
(subscribe to zypp-devel if you're interested in helping there)

Zypper in factory broke the ability to add repos...not too many people
will notice unless they add repos AFTER the installation and then do an
update from factory....the install version is OK

* there is still no roadmap, but it's worked on

As some may have noticed - or not, Alpha0 did not come with addon media
and I'm not aware of anyone complaining. I'm wondering if they are worth our
time and mirror space, but I guess we'll experiment with the next alphas to
come :)

I think that one reason is that add-ons aren't too important until you
get a basic install up and running. In my own case, I've been fighting
bigger tigers including RC4 kernel which wiped out a functioning RC3
kernel and eliminated networking so I've had several
reinstalls....before I figured that out... That updater bug takes on an
even higher priority during kernel testing :)

Greetings, Stephan

Your old nemisis
Richard