Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: bug 234533 should be solved?
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 20:16:58 -0600
On Tuesday 06 November 2007 01:05:10 pm jdd wrote:
jdd wrote:
I'm hit by the bug #234533. It's resolved "wont fix" "because it's a
feature, not a bug"

but

1) it's a bug only on pci-e (here mini pci, laptop), why this special
hardware hve such a feature?
2) the comment on bugzilla say: the patch will be enclosed with 2.6.20
kernel. I have 2.6.22.9.0-4-default and I have still the bug
3) a web search shows that ndiswraper don't works reliably with the
bcm43xx module

what can I do? do i need to reopen the bug or to try using ndiswraper
anyway?

thanks
jdd

solved thanks to an ubuntu forum :-).

I had to extract the firmware and give it to the module. I still have
to figure how to make this permanent, but i wont too much be a
problem. I will test and report to the wiki (may be just adding
indexes, I didn't find it there but it may be :-)

I wil also report to bugzilla

thanks

http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Broadcom_%28BCM4306%29_WLAN_Installation_under_SUSE
section 'openSUSE 10.2 Option 1 - Original Driver Procedure'. You can use
wl_apsta.o or original bcmwl5 or whatever you can find in windows.

It works here, with a small glitch(es) that I still didn't solved, but with
time ...

--
Regards,
Rajko.