[opensuse-factory] [status report] openSUSE distribution, week 44
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 11:03:17 +0100
Hi!

Not sure there is a lot to status report, but I try:

- the number of incoming bugs is growing, for some
components almost dramatically. So much time is
spent in screening at the moment. For a glimpse,
check http://tinyurl.com/2cxbto
(you're very welcome to help screening duplicates)
- the live CDs received heavy debugging and should be
released any time soon now (both Michl and me had
some post-release vacation time that delayed it)
- the promo DVD is readily mastered and we hope to
press quite some to give out on fairs
- we are preparing a "driver update" mini ISO that
people can use where the kernel on the installation
medium does not work on their hardware and to fix
the "repair system" function
- gcc 4.3 is around the corner (see also opensuse-packaging
for details)
- yast will be updated to have a more modular UI soon

That's all I can think of. If you have questions, let me know.

Greetings, Stephan