[opensuse-factory] Clue on sound problem
  • From: Donn Washburn <n5xwb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 20:18:14 -0500
Hey Group;

I have Audacity and it works (not on the PCM buss). As root it works but only one signal meter is working on a line input (my problem) However, if I try it as a user there is no record of the signal after the first record time. It seems to work on the first time -> punch the record button and the line modulates across the screen (normal). Stop it after a bit. Try as you might there is no second retart or out right start.

I get a Error while opening sound device. To that I have ran strace with nothing of a value being reported.

Anyone think of a way to track this down. I would like the "user" to have permission to use it as "root" or "su" it works
--
73 de Donn Washburn
307 Savoy Street Email: " n5xwb@xxxxxxxxxx "

Did you know?
The transistor was invented by three white men.