[opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse-announce] openSUSE 10.3 Alpha2 Release
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 15:00:13 +0100 (CET)

The Thursday 2007-03-15 at 17:09 +0100, Andreas Jaeger wrote:

> Call for testing:
>
> We're using the libata stack now also for IDE controllers. Please do
> test that an update works and all files are changed automatically
> (libata uses /dev/sda for the first harddisk instead of /dev/hda).
> Disks with more than 15 partitions are not handled right now, we're
> still evaluating whether there is a good solution. to use the old
> scheme, boot with "hwprobe=-modules.pata". See below for Bug 250241
> as well.

My two disks are IDE PATA with 20 and 16 partitions respectively (and a
third borderline with 13). Two questions:

1) Will the install detect this automatically and configure appropriately?
2) Is there any danger of this hosing the rest of the partitions? I have
three test partitions, but I'm not prepared to endanger the main
system in the "production" partition in order to test it...

- --
Cheers,
Carlos E. R.