Re: [opensuse-factory] interrupted install without root pass
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 11:15:06 +0100
Anders Johansson wrote:
On Friday 16 March 2007 11:06, jdd wrote:
starting the rescue, mounting /, chrooting to / and launching "passwd"
led me to an error because of a bluefish (not sure of the word)
/dev/random unavailable

"blowfish", not "bluefish" :) It is an encryption algorithm

In the past few releases, you can't just do a chroot from the rescue system. You have to (assuming the root partition is mounted on /mnt)

mount -o bind /proc /mnt/proc
mount -o bind /sys /mnt/sys
mount -o bind /dev /proc/dev

then you can do the chroot

ok. I needed some thought to understand (didn't know the bind option)
thanks
jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net