[opensuse-factory] mkdir /sys
  • From: Donn Washburn <n5xwb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 16:30:49 -0500
Hey Group;

I am running SuSE 10.3 alpha - which runs very nice. I do have a question. Permissions are rather easy to figure out but what is NEW that causes root to not be able to "mkdir" in several places as in /sys.
At boot time I get a error message that states my modem /sys/class/net/modem0/file is missing. As a test I was going to mkdir /sys/net/modem0 and see if that would solve the boot error message.
so, mkdir /sys/class/net/modem0 give permission denied error yet root:root and drwxr-xr-x are valid. This appears to be a udev issue.

I did setup the modem vis yast2 after setting ln -s /dev/ttyS2 /dev/modem and "hwinfo --modem" confirms /dev/ttyS2 is correct.
--
73 de Donn Washburn
307 Savoy Street Email: " n5xwb@xxxxxxxxxx "

Did you know?
The transistor was invented by three white men.