Re: [opensuse-factory] interrupted install without root pass
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 19:32:11 +0100
On Friday 16 March 2007 11:06, jdd wrote:
> starting the rescue, mounting /, chrooting to / and launching "passwd"
> led me to an error because of a bluefish (not sure of the word)
> /dev/random unavailable

"blowfish", not "bluefish" :) It is an encryption algorithm

In the past few releases, you can't just do a chroot from the rescue system.
You have to (assuming the root partition is mounted on /mnt)

mount -o bind /proc /mnt/proc
mount -o bind /sys /mnt/sys
mount -o bind /dev /proc/dev

then you can do the chroot