Re: [opensuse-factory] Boot speed and services
  • From: "Gaël Lams" <lamsgael@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 09:08:33 +0100
Hi

It hasn't been removed: I have it (10.2)

However, notice that that line does not prevent mail from being _sent_ to
outside. It just prevents mail from being sent to that system using smtp
(ie, postfix or sendmail).

I thought it had been removed because I just installed a few days ago
a virtual machine with opensuse 10.3 and these lines were not present.

But you're right, I didn't read well the message and it was about
blocking delivery to external hosts.
I could be wrong but I think that, to configure the machine for local
only delivery of local mail, i.e to receive in a local account on the
local machine the mail sent from the machine itself, you only have to
modify the following parameters in /etc/postfix/main.cf:

myhostname = localhost
mydomain = localdomain
inet_interfaces = localhost
mynetworks_style = host