Re: [opensuse-factory] Printing in openSUSE 10.3
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 15:01:46 +0100 (CET)

The Monday 2007-03-12 at 12:36 +0100, jdd wrote:

> Carlos E. R. wrote:
>
> > Only one user, me, I'm root also, so the only user is as safe as root, he
> > won't be "dafter" than Mr root ;-)
>
> don't think so.
>
> When a simple user become root, this is for a specific task. He must give root
> pass. after thta he is warned to be specially cautious, and usually kill the
> root acces as soon as the work is done.

I don't mean that.

I mean that me, as user, can add printers or other admin jobs using cups,
same as root, because I have it configured that way. Being the same
person, I, as "Mr Root" do not have problems trusting me, as "cer" to
configure printers properly ;-)

I'm never working as root, unless _really_ needed. See, I do not need to
be root to configure printers :-)

- --
Cheers,
Carlos E. R.