Re: [opensuse-factory] Linux audio foks
  • From: Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 13:41:10 +0100
Sid Boyce wrote:
> I and several others have had similar permissions problems with gizmo
> which actually said there was no audio device. I did strace and
> submitted it to the forum, but the mystery continued. Then I had a
> brainwave, tried it as root and it was AOK. So I added the user to audio
> in /etc/group, also did the same for video a while back when kaffeine
> complained about no video, though OK with audio.

Sound and DVB devices are supposed to be detected by hal. hal-resmgr
will take care of device permissions when you log in then. There is
no need to put users in the audio or video group. If permission
handling doesn't work for some reason please file a bug report,
assign it to me and attach the output of "lshal",
"/usr/sbin/hal-resmgr --list-all" and "/sbin/resmgr sessions".

cu
Ludwig

--
(o_ Ludwig Nussel