Re: [opensuse-factory] no cdrecord
  • From: Donn Washburn <n5xwb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 19:10:44 -0600
Juergen Weigert wrote:
On Mar 08, 07 19:57:33 -0800, Randall R Schulz wrote:
On Thursday 08 March 2007 19:43, Donn Washburn wrote:
Hey Group;

In SuSE10.3 there is no cdrecord.

What is the binary replacements file name?
Are you thinking of "wodim"?

And there used to be a a symlink named cdrecord pointing to wodim. No more?

cheers, Jw

To All;

The only thing necessary to do was install all of the audio binaries.
Then it seemed SuSE's 103 K3B hesitated to count the minutes correctly.
Or at least it seemed to. I down loaded the same version building in all of binaries and k3b is working. No other cdrecord/wodim or cd music wav/mp3 program needed to be upgraded.

The only thing that seems to matter is - size in minute

Anyway, Thanks to all for the enlightenment. I might suggest adding streamripper to the SuSE install stream. It is a console tool but work unbelievable well

Just for the heck of it I was looking for a DJ player for Linux to play around with.

--
73 de Donn Washburn
307 Savoy Street Email: " n5xwb@xxxxxxxxxx "

Did you know?
The transistor was invented by three white men.