Re: [opensuse-factory] Boot speed and services
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 20:20:50 +0100
Per Jessen wrote:
jdd wrote:

Stephan Kulow wrote:

The official reason why postfix needs to run is cron - which runs by
default and uses the local MTA to deliver its output.
who ever look at cron reports?

Anyone whose operation is dependent on cron-jobs running and working.

/Per Jessen, Zürich

I think this whole discussion is greatly relative to the difference server/desktop.

I couldn't image a server without sshd, but on a desktop? most users of thunderbird and seamonkey not even know there is an other mailbox :-)

servers are not stopped, so the boot time is not very important :-)

jdd
--
http://www.dodin.net
Lucien Dodin, inventeur