Re: [opensuse-factory] Printing in openSUSE 10.3
  • From: Johannes Meixner <jsmeix@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 16:39:25 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

On Mar 7 10:30 JP Rosevear wrote (shortened):
> On Tue, 2007-03-06 at 10:58 +0100, Johannes Meixner wrote:
> > Your info is too terse for me.
> > I still do not understand the end-user's situation.
> > Please do not misunderstand me - I don't want to do nitpicking.
> > But I need to understand the whole picture from the end-user's point
> > of view - otherwise whatever nice-looking implementation may not
> > solve the actual end-user problem.
>
> The situtation is the end user doesn't want to type in a password
> to do simple operations.

Frommy point of viwe it seems from mail to mail
you change the issue (it started with USB printers,
became network printers, now it is about typing passwords)
and it seems you still don't tell the whole story.

> > Why do you want to implement Windows-stlye printing
> > when we use CUPS on Linux?
>
> Because its what most users expect and want, even many linux ones.

I am afraid but it seems now we are at a dead end.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
AG Nuernberg, HRB 16746, GF: Markus Rex