[opensuse-factory] libzypp broken this week
  • From: Duncan Mac-Vicar <dmacvicar@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 20:48:35 +0100

Hi everyone

This week we are integrating a new libzypp which uses a new buildsystem and a
new .so version, which will be the base for integrating the features for 10.3

This uncovered some problems with link order and static initialization which
we are solving this week. So it is very likely applications will crash or
segfault.

The integration of new packages had some effect in zypp stack. Like a curl bug
affecting ftp source probing, which is [now fixed][1].

So be careful, I'd recommend to install / update the packagemanager stack only
in a virtual machine this week.

Also, we updated [the instructions how to build][2] for this new series.

Had fun.

Duncan

[1]: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.curl.cvs/6893
[2]: http://en.opensuse.org/Libzypp/Devel