Re: [opensuse-factory] OpenSUSE, bugs and some considerations
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 16:32:08 +0100 (CET)

The Monday 2007-03-05 at 07:03 -0800, Randall R Schulz wrote:

> > > The only software that's finished is software that's dead. No one's
> > > job is more interminable than that of the author of successful
> > > software.
> >
> > I know - didn't you notice the '"'?
>
> It sounded like you thought that was a bad thing.

Mixed feelings.

I want no bugs, and I want new features. Therefore, I would prefer bugs
being cleared before commencing work on new features... at least, having
left only negligible bugs that do not impede working with the affected
program.

IMO, I consider a program to be finished when it has no bugs left. Adding
new features is like a new project.

I know programmers never consider a program finished. I programmed for a
living, so I know that... but that is not necesarily a good thing. Are
houses ever finished? They are, but they are also periodically improved
and enhanced and modified.

You know, programming is the only profession where errors are called bugs
and accepted as normal. So a bridge collapsing is normal, too?

- --
Cheers,
Carlos E. R.